Can Kuhli Loach And Assassin Snail Coexist? Question

1. Cholo Anderzon Member Member

I'm planning to breed assassin snails in a 20g tank with sand substrate, driftwoods, mosses and school of 10 tetras and 10 kuhli loaches.

I heard that assassin snails tend to hide under the sand waiting for its prey. I'm just wondering if they would also prey on fishes. Also if the kuhlis will prey on the snails. I know that loaches eat snails but I use to have 3 kuhlis living with nerites and they don't seem to pay any attention on them, probably because of their size and number. I'm just wondering if the assassins can still breed with school of kuhlis swarming around.

Is the coexisting of these 2 species compatible? Is it a good idea or what?

Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.
    Thanks..

2. Sina-key Member Member

No kuhli loaches aren't snails eaters they will be fine with them and assassin snails wont attack live fishes but they will eat dead fishes

3. smee82 Well Known Member Member

They will be fine together.

4. Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

Huh? They are called assassin snails for a reason, they kill snails.
    After I added kuhli loaches to my tank, I find quite a few empty snail houses. I think they eat the occasional small snail, but not full grown ramshorn for example. No idea if they eat assassins, probably not to the point it matters.

Edit: oops, early morning. I didn't realize fish is not snail. Time to get more coffee. Sorry!
    Of course they won't attack fish.

5. halljo222 Member Member

Khuli Loaches are very small and shouldn't have any interest in the assassin snail which grow to a reasonable size.

6. adsm08 Member Member

I had a Kuhili in a tank with an assassin for 6 months. Assassin is still alive (I think, haven't seen it for a few days). Found the loach dead on the sand last night, but it was a few years old. Not sure why it died (wasn't old enough to be age-related), but it had been listed as "missing, presumed lost" for over a year now anyway.

7. Cholo Anderzon Member Member

Thanks a lot guys..
    So I guess I'll be able to as well breed assassin snails in the said tank without imminent problems.

8. Cholo Anderzon Member Member

May I just add.. is adding some otos and amanos makes compatibility issue?
    Thanks..