Question Can I use bleach to disinfect my tank?

Falena

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
you absolutely can! I'd take everything out and do it separately though. 15% bleach and hot water solution. Soak everything for 30-60 mins, rinse thoroughly with warm water until it doesn't smell anymore, and then soak it again for the same amount of time in warm water with extra dechlorinator. Be more thorough with the wood though as it's absorbent so you may wanna soak that in dechlorinator for longer. (It may damage the color on anything synthetic too) make sure everything is dry before reuse

OP
SeaMonkey06

SeaMonkey06

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Falena said:
you absolutely can! I'd take everything out and do it separately though. 15% bleach and hot water solution. Soak everything for 30-60 mins, rinse thoroughly with warm water until it doesn't smell anymore, and then soak it again for the same amount of time in warm water with extra dechlorinator. Be more thorough with the wood though as it's absorbent so you may wanna soak that in dechlorinator for longer. (It may damage the color on anything synthetic too) make sure everything is dry before reuse
Thank you!

New Threads