Can I Use Aquaponics Nutrients For Aquarium

Discussion in 'Plant Fertilizers' started by EDeGrado, Apr 13, 2018.

1. EDeGrado

EDeGrado New Member Member

I was wondering if I could use nutrients that are meant for aquaponics in my planted aquarium with fish and shrimp. I already have some and it’s cheaper I have the isolated nutrients like calcium, magnesium and potassium as well as some micro nutrients. Would it be safe for my shrimp fish and plants?

2. aniroc

aniroc Well Known Member Member

I've used aquaponics dry ferts. Potassium sulfate, Potassium nitrate and Potassium phosphate. I also have a Calcium nitrate that I don't use, i can't remember why...I believe it is not compatible with the other macros in the same stock solution, something precipitates.

I don't know about your hydroponic store but where I purchased my micro mix, they use Plant-Prod. My snails didn't like it. Maybe a overdosed it a bit (I calculated 1/4 teaspoonfull for my 75 gallon). Few hours later, hundreds of Malaysian snails were heading to the water surface for an "end of the world prayer". I am now using Plantex CSM+B and dose less.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice