75 Gallon Tank Can i stock my 75 gal. tank like this

Randomfishlover

I am planning to stock my tanks as follows: (but am up for any suggestions or advice)
4 mystery snails
7 kulhi loaches
10 (to start with) ghost shrimp
10-12 male guppy
3-4 female molly
6-8 blackskirt tetra
1 bamboo shrimp
(Maybe a small school of cory)
(Maybe a school of neons)
And 2 male bristlenose pleco (one albino)

Can i keep these all together or is this not a good idea? Is it overstocked? I think I might have made the list too big

I have two 70-90 gallon sponge filters with a powerful pump and a simple tetra whisper 60 (HOB)

Islandvic

A 75g is a large tank for the stocking of community fish that you listed in my opinion.

You should have no issues with that stocking.

For example I have a 75g stcoked with multiple Central and South American cichlids ranging from 4 - 9 inches long. When I used to keep small community fish in it (very similar to your list) there was easily 40+ in there.

In my experience, one of the keys to keeping a healthy tank is weekly water changes, at least 50%.

You mentioned Corydoras, for a 75g you can easily keep 8-12 in a 75g.

Also, conisder keeping live plants. Plants will help keep the water parameters in check. There is a member on the forum that sells plant packages, Vish Aquatics. You tell him your budget, lighting, tank size and he will set you up with a package that meets your needs. I keep plants in our 65g community tank and fish do well with them. Looks nice too.

Upvote 0

Spudsssy

Get around 30 Kuhli loaches. You will never see 7 in a 75gal. They are very active and you will see their true behaviour in a group.

Upvote 0

Randomfishlover

A 75g is a large tank for the stocking of community fish that you listed in my opinion.

You should have no issues with that stocking.

For example I have a 75g stcoked with multiple Central and South American cichlids ranging from 4 - 9 inches long. When I used to keep small community fish in it (very similar to your list) there was easily 40+ in there.

In my experience, one of the keys to keeping a healthy tank is weekly water changes, at least 50%.

You mentioned Corydoras, for a 75g you can easily keep 8-12 in a 75g.

Also, conisder keeping live plants. Plants will help keep the water parameters in check. There is a member on the forum that sells plant packages, Vish Aquatics. You tell him your budget, lighting, tank size and he will set you up with a package that meets your needs. I keep plants in our 65g community tank and fish do well with them. Looks nice too.
My tank is heavily planted. I love the way they look.

Upvote 0

Yeoy

If you're getting female mollies so they don't breed, just be mindful that they'll probably come pregnant so you might end up with fry anyway - some of which could be male.

Otherwise it looks like a good bunch!!

Upvote 0

Randomfishlover

Im only really worried about overstocking (i would like to keep it understicked if possible) and if the two male BNs will be territorial.

Upvote 0

Islandvic

I think 2 BN plecos in a 75g would have plenty of room, even if they are males.

There are 2 9n our 65g community tank and there are no issues. Not sure their sex though.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Islandvic
  • Question
Replies
Views
Randomfishlover
Replies
Views