Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Can I Split A 5 Gal In Half With Some Sort Of Divider?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Bettafishgal, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Bettafishgal Valued Member Member

Can i split a 5 gal in half with some sort of divider? Only for plants, i just want it to look neat but the tank does have finrot in it and I didnt wanna throw it away. Im not using the plants for any fish. <3

2. Zniaz Valued Member Member

There are dividers available but i'm not so sure what you're trying to achieve here. Do you mind specifying a little more?

3. Fishbro5 Valued Member Member

Do you mean a divider to just separate the sides and water will flow through it or do you mean a solid divider that has separate water on each side? I assume the first answer, but if you have finrot in the tank, why not just do a bunch of water changes to get rid of it? You do need some sort of food for the plants like fish waste though, so you should consider getting a Betta or Shrimp or something.

4. Executionernerner New Member Member

Yeah should be fine but depends on the plant

5. Fishbro5 Valued Member Member

Yeah I do agree with that, I am still a little bit confused on the point of the divider.

Bettafishgal since your plants need a source of food, maybe just a Betta for the whole tank as well as a bunch of plants?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2019
  6. Bettafishgal Valued Member Member

I have four betta's im not looking to get anymore fish,i've done alot of water change's for this tank and Im just looking for a soild divider.