10 Gallon Tank Can I put those in a 10g

Hobbyist

I went to the fish store and saw those fish (pics below) , you will find small dwarf gouramis, and a another kind of fish which I would like to know its name and weather if they would fit in a 10 gallon tank.
As for the dwarf gouramis, can I buy two from those little boys for my 10g?
Also, I was telling the man in the store “those fish get this big right? “ and I opened my fingers for like 2in, but he told me no they say small, so I want to know if there is a kind of gouramis who stay small like this, or its just a misunderstand .

Attachments

• AE94BB37-8B5F-4BC7-96FC-1FACE313305D.jpeg
    AE94BB37-8B5F-4BC7-96FC-1FACE313305D.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 25
  • B00FF534-8556-407B-A2E6-CCFF423B0474.jpeg
    B00FF534-8556-407B-A2E6-CCFF423B0474.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 24

St3v3

I think the dwarf gouramis stay small.

Upvote 0

CPTropicalAquatics

Dwarf gouramis do stay fairly small. Males are smaller than females. That one that's circled is a serpae tetra. They're schooling fish, so I'd recommend getting 5-6 if you wanna get them. I think 5 could be in a 10 gallon, but I'd say that's it.

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

I think the dwarf gouramis stay small.
Yeah they stay small, but do they stay THAT small ?

Upvote 0

CPTropicalAquatics

Yeah they stay small, but do they stay THAT small ?
They get around 3.5 inches,

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

Dwarf gouramis do stay fairly small. Males are smaller than females. That one that's circled is a serpae tetra. They're schooling fish, so I'd recommend getting 5-6 if you wanna get them. I think 5 could be in a 10 gallon, but I'd say that's it.
Ok thanks for letting me know, I will do my research on the serpae tetra, as for the gouramis, can I keep two from those?

Upvote 0

St3v3

Ok thanks for letting me know, I will do my research on the serpae tetra, as for the gouramis, can I keep two from those?
Maybe just one cuz gourami's only sometimes get along with their own kind

Upvote 0

CPTropicalAquatics

Male dwarf gouramis tend to quarrel. Also, I think two would be too much for a 10 gallon. You CAN however keep one dwarf gourami along with a small school of serpae tetras in a 10 gallon. Just make sure your parameters are good, and you have good filtration.

Upvote 0

MacZ

For both species I'd get a 20 gallon. They need some space. The gourami would do best in a small group, serpae tetras tend to establish small display territories and need some space and structure, otherwise they might get actually aggressive in close quarters.

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

Maybe just one cuz gourami's only sometimes get along with their own kind
Yeah, I think you’re right

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

I went to the fish store and saw those fish (pics below) , you will find small dwarf gouramis, and a another kind of fish which I would like to know its name and weather if they would fit in a 10 gallon tank.
As for the dwarf gouramis, can I buy two from those little boys for my 10g?
Also, I was telling the man in the store “those fish get this big right? “ and I opened my fingers for like 2in, but he told me no they say small, so I want to know if there is a kind of gouramis who stay small like this, or its just a misunderstand .
The fish in the picture aren't Dwarf Gourami, they are Thick Lipped Gourami. They grow to a similar size as Dwarfs. 10 gallon is on the small side for them. Both should get around 3" fully grown.

Males are smaller than females
Males actually grow bigger than females.

Upvote 0

CPTropicalAquatics

The fish in the picture aren't Dwarf Gourami, they are Thick Lipped Gourami. They grow to a similar size as Dwarfs. 10 gallon is on the small side for them. Both should get around 3" fully grown.

Ah. My bad. I probably mixed them up.

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

For both species I'd get a 20 gallon. They need some space. The gourami would do best in a small group, serpae tetras tend to establish small display territories and need some space and structure, otherwise they might get actually aggressive in close quarters.
Ok , thanks for the information, might search for another fish

Oh, they look similar to them though

Upvote 0

CPTropicalAquatics

Ok , thanks for the information, might search for another fish
A small school of chili rasboras might be good. They stay really small. I suggest looking into them!

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

A small school of chili rasboras might be good. They stay really small. I suggest looking into them!
Might be a good idea, I was looking for some ember tetras but I didn’t find any, I hope I find some of them, or the chili rasboras you referred to

Upvote 0

CPTropicalAquatics

Might be a good idea, I was looking for some ember tetras but I didn’t find any, I hope I find some of them, or the chili rasboras you referred to
Both are great fish. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Qzar61

Just don't put 2 males together, they can be territorial especially in a 10 gallon.

Upvote 0

CrackerboxPalace

I second chili rasboras or ember tetras, whichever you can find first! 20 gallons is my minimum for dwarf gouramis and tetras of that size.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Hobbyist
Replies
Views
Miss
Replies
Views
coolio3991
  • Question