Can I Put These Fish In A 40 Gallon Tank?

Stryphe89

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That would be pretty well overstocked based on the size of the fish and the bioloads, without even taking into consideration the GBRs. The Angels would take up a large portion of your stocking level by themselves.

Also, silver tip tetras can be pretty nippy. I'm not sure I would recommend them with the Angels, but I have no personal experience with them.

DixieTheDog

Valued Member
Reaction score
What fish can i use instead of the silver tip tetras that school and that will be good with the 40 gallon tank?

Stryphe89

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Generally Black Skirts can be a bit nippy, too. Some people have had success keeping these two fish together, it really depends on the temperament of the individual fish themselves. They tend to be less nippy than the Silvertips IMO. Also, keeping them in a larger school tends to cut down on nippiness and aggression in most cases. If you want to give it a shot I would recommend getting a school of 8. Just be prepared to rehome/return them if it doesn't work out.

Stryphe89

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That one is incredibly iffy with the GBR's and Angelfish. If they will fit in their mouths, they WILL eat them. If you provide a tons of hiding places for the shrimp to hide (plants, cholla wood, etc.) Then they may survive.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom