can i put red cherry shrimp and blue pearl shrimp in the same tank?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Salazar, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SalazarValued MemberMember

i am getting a three gallon aquarium planted tank, and was looking at different breeds of shrimp, and found two beautiful breeds, the blue pearl shrimp, and the red cherry shrimp. i was going to have three of each species. are they okay together in the same tank? i read somewhere that it is not okay because of crossbreeding, but I'm not really sure. can somebody help? thanks, Salazar
    :;dolphin:;juggle:p:;sharky:;hi2:):D

2. ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

Nope. They'll crossbreed and make brown shrimp. Not very pretty. A cardinia species is what you want to go with either one of your Neocardinias.

3. SalazarValued MemberMember

thanks so much. i think i will get the blue pearls to contrast with my sisters red cherry shrimp tank. any advice on plants?

4. aquaticValued MemberMember

My RCS really love the guppy grass that I added from my main tank.

5. brodylane1122Well Known MemberMember

RCS love moss!

6. SalazarValued MemberMember

thanks! is it any type of moss in particular though, or just any moss?

7. brodylane1122Well Known MemberMember

8. SalazarValued MemberMember

cool! thanks a ton. i have been looking into the 12 Plant Assortment Hardy-Low Light from aquarium plants.com for bot my 5g and the 3g, does anybody know what plants are in it?

9. riptide904Valued MemberMember

I've heard lots of good things about java moss. It's easy to grow and give lots of hiding spots for babies.

I absolutely love those blue pearl shrimp, they're so pretty. Be sure to post pics once you get the tank up and running! :;th

10. SalazarValued MemberMember

thanks! i am getting the tank next weekend. what is your opinion on getting fish shipped to you in the mail, because my lfs doesn't sell the blue pearls, and i was considering buying them online. thoughts?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice