Can I Put Pebbles On Top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo7

Reaction score
I just recently bought some long hair grass seeds for my aquarium. Was just wondering if it’s ok to put an inch layer of pebbles on top of the soil. Will the hair grass still grow?

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If your starting seeds for the aquarium, place them in a shallow bowl or tupperware container. I soak the dirt and put just a thin layer of dirt in the bottom. You will have a better survival rate if you have some form of heat on the container. make sure to keep the air humid. However, seeds aren't recommended for the aquarium because often times, you won't get what you asked for or they won't grow. Don't be surprised if these are a terrestrial grass species or they don't/or take along time to grow.

Slo7

Reaction score
If your starting seeds for the aquarium, place them in a shallow bowl or tupperware container. I soak the dirt and put just a thin layer of dirt in the bottom. You will have a better survival rate if you have some form of heat on the container. make sure to keep the air humid. However, seeds aren't recommended for the aquarium because often times, you won't get what you asked for or they won't grow. Don't be surprised if these are a terrestrial grass species or they don't/or take along time to grow.
Ok thank you for replying I read a lot online about seeds being sold under different names and also about how it takes long. I’m crossing my fingers they’re the right kind (was even comparing pictures, looks right but who knows) is there any other advice you could give? I’m a beginner aquarium owner and have a fully cycled tank for about 2 months with 4 guppies, 1 beta, and 10 Cory cats. It’s a 15 gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom