Help Can i put my 3 adult guppies in my new tank yet?

thatfishlover122

Reaction score
Hi all, i really need to get my 3 adult female guppies out of their current tank asap! It's a 15 gal tank and has been cycling for 9 days. I squeezed filter media from other tanks into it, used my old gravel (it had fish and plant waste in it), i have LOADS of plants in, and mopani wood. I have one nerite snail in too, which is doing well. I did a water test today and PH was great, GH and KH doesn't have an exact number as guppies tolerate a wide range of them. Nitrate and nitrite was great too, perfect. Ammonia... was between 'ideal' and 'stress' but more on the 'ideal' side. I can't say exact numbers because i use test strips - not the bottles. Is it ok to add my 3 females into it? and then next week or two add the fry (4 at a time)? Ideally i would love to cycle it longer but i need them out asap.

AquaCaitlin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would say sure, as long as you’re doing more constant water changes than you usually would with a cycled tank, just to be on the safe side.

OP
thatfishlover122

thatfishlover122

Reaction score
t
AquaCaitlin said:
I would say sure, as long as you’re doing more constant water changes than you usually would with a cycled tank, just to be on the safe side.
thank you! I do a 20% every 2-4 days so i'll step this up and do a 20% every other day for the next 4 weeks or so?

AquaCaitlin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
guppyandbettaowner said:
t

thank you! I do a 20% every 2-4 days so i'll step this up and do a 20% every other day for the next 4 weeks or so?
I think you should be good with 1-2 weeks, depending on how much media you transferred over. Guppy’s have a pretty light bioload, imo, so 20% every other day should cover it.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom