Can I Put Cherry Shrimp In My Fry Tank?

blackguilty

Reaction score
I have a 15 gallon tank with swordtail fry. They're about 1 inch and 2 or 3 fry are about a half inch. I am going to buy some marimo moss balls. I need to keep algae away from my marimos. So i'm planning to buy cherry shrimp, maybe 5 or 6 of them. Will they go well? Both the shrimps and the fry?

fjh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
blackguilty said:
I have a 15 gallon tank with swordtail fry. They're about 1 inch and 2 or 3 fry are about a half inch. I am going to buy some marimo moss balls. I need to keep algae away from my marimos. So i'm planning to buy cherry shrimp, maybe 5 or 6 of them. Will they go well? Both the shrimps and the fry?
Yes they should coexist peacefully
Keep in mind that as the fry grow and the shrimp reproduce, the swordtails will eat anything that fits in their mouths though so you likely won't have many surviving offspring from the shrimp.

Lunnietic

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What are the parameters of the tank? (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate?) And do you know if you are cycled?

Shrimp tend to be sensitive when it comes to parameters. If these are okay, then you should be fine. I agree with the above user as well.

OP
B

blackguilty

Reaction score
If the swordtails get bigger enough I will move them with the adults in bigger tank. The water parameter is good and cycled already. So I need to give more hiding place for the shrimp's offspring? Maybe a pipe or java moss? Is it enough?

fjh

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
blackguilty said:
If the swordtails get bigger enough I will move them with the adults in bigger tank. The water parameter is good and cycled already. So I need to give more hiding place for the shrimp's offspring? Maybe a pipe or java moss? Is it enough?
Java moss would be great!

OP
B

blackguilty

Reaction score
fjh said:
Java moss would be great!
Cool. I will look for java moss and the shrimps soon. I'm very excited with this. Never had shrimps before. Thank you for the information

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom