Can I Put Cherry Shrimp In My Fry Tank?

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a 15 gallon tank with swordtail fry. They're about 1 inch and 2 or 3 fry are about a half inch. I am going to buy some marimo moss balls. I need to keep algae away from my marimos. So i'm planning to buy cherry shrimp, maybe 5 or 6 of them. Will they go well? Both the shrimps and the fry?
Yes they should coexist peacefully
Keep in mind that as the fry grow and the shrimp reproduce, the swordtails will eat anything that fits in their mouths though so you likely wont have many surviving offspring from the shrimp.

Lunnietic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What are the parameters of the tank? (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate?) And do you know if you are cycled?

Shrimp tend to be sensitive when it comes to parameters. If these are okay, then you should be fine. I agree with the above user as well.

blackguilty

Reaction score
If the swordtails get bigger enough i will move them with the adults in bigger tank. The water parameter is good and cycled already. So i need to give more hiding place for the shrimp's offspring? Maybe a pipe or java moss? Is it enough?

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If the swordtails get bigger enough i will move them with the adults in bigger tank. The water parameter is good and cycled already. So i need to give more hiding place for the shrimp's offspring? Maybe a pipe or java moss? Is it enough?
Java moss would be great!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom