Can I keep baby guppies and enderrs together?

Fishcatzpets

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
HI I got sent 2 endlers by accident. I also have two guppies. My female guppy and endler both arrived pregnant and I managed to save one of my guppy's fry. The problem is my endler is pregnant and she looks like she will drop them soon and I only have one breeding net. I know endlers and guppies cannot go together in tanks but would it be ok if they were together for three weeks as babies? Thanks!

Disglerio

Reaction score
As long as the little guppy doesn't grow too fast and get to the size where he can eat the endlers I doubt the fry would be in danger.

But I thought endlers and guppies got along even as adults, we have both in the tank at our office and haven't had any problems.

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I read somewhere that folks cringe when you keep endlers and guppies together because they crossbreed creating impure strains.

Disglerio

Reaction score
jake37 said:
I read somewhere that folks cringe when you keep endlers and guppies together because they crossbreed creating impure strains.
Well if that matters to you, then separate them when grown. But there is no way they are going to impregnate each other while in the breeding net.

Falena

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The only reason some people disagree with keeping them together is the hybridization. Most commercially bought endlers are already hybrids anyway though. So unless you've gone out of your way to obtain pure endlers livebearers and don't mind them cross breeding then they can live perfectly fine together even into adulthood

OP
Fishcatzpets

Fishcatzpets

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I've heard people have had endlers bite half the tail off guppies. If they would be fine until the guppy can go in (he's newborn) then I'll keep them in the same breeding net. Thanks!

New Threads