Can I keep a few angels with my two firemouths 29 Gallon Tank 

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I heard that these two fish can live together since firemouths are not very aggressive. I just love the angels and want to buy two of them. If not then can I put them with my platys and my swordtail.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't think a 29 is enough room. What kind of pleco do you have?

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Jaysee said:
I don't think a 29 is enough room. What kind of pleco do you have?
I put the pleco in the 30 gallon as its by the window and I get allot of algae. So there is just two Firemouths in the tank. its a common pleco I will be getting a 70 gallon soon for him he is still young and about 6 inches long. I just wanted to add more color to my Cichlid tank. I also tought about tiger barbs or tetras for the firemouths. They will be going into the 70 gallon when I get it with in two months. I don't care to breed this tank I just want to add different fish to it. my two firemouths are quite shy but they will come up to the glass and say hi to me. the don't chase each other around or nip each other. They are really sweet hearts of fish I had my female sword in with them and they did not bug her. heres a picture of my babies there about 4 inches long.

355.jpg

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If there's a chance they'll spawn they won't tollerate any other fish in a tank that small. Not that 29 is small, but it is for a pair of breeding cichlids to share.

dlewin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
good news I am getting a 50 gallon tank on Wednesday. it comes with a lid heater and filter for 100 dollars. would this be ok for two angels and and 2 firemouths and a common pleco. or if you have other ideas on how to stock my new tank let me know. I will run the tank for a week putting my tank water in it every day.

first I will put a hardy fish in it like a few platys then if all goes well then my firemouths.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you want to switch everything over to the new tank, you can do it all at once. Just make sure you keep the old filter media in water while you do everything. Better yet, you can get one of those plastic bins and run the filter on that with the fish in it. That way, you can take your time and do it right the first time.

I think your compatability chances are better, but I'm not that well versed in cichlids. Again, if both pairs pair up and spawn, I think you could find the pleco stuck to the hood trying to get out of the way. And you know the pleco will outgrow the 50 as well, but it'll work for a while.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads