Can I have opinions on this about an ex-friend?

Bleu

I don’t even know why I’m thinking about this now. I saw my ex-best friend for the first time in a long time by coincidence. We don’t live that far from each other, maybe a 10-minute walk.

I was walking my dog with my sister, and then there was a car that drove by straight. I didn’t even notice it because I was blurry eyed. My sister loudly said it was my ex-best friend because she saw her.

She said my ex-best friend was looking at me, and hiding in that fleeting passing moment. I have no idea if her mom (who was driving) even looked at me.

I just I don’t understand why she hid? There is no way I could of spoken to her, I was walking, she was riding.

Is this a sign of embarrassment? Hatred? Awkwardness? I just don’t know.

A similar situation happened with my 16-year old brother. Who she never had any issues with. He saw her on the train once, or well she saw him. She knew he was there. Then another ex-friend of mine got on. When that friend hopped on, they only spoke to each other even though they sat next to each other through text. While that other girl would look at my brother from the corner of her eye. Basically since they were in his presence on the train, they wouldn’t speak out loud to each other like normal people. When I heard that I found that bizarre.

To me it sounds like hatred?

RedOnion

I don’t even know why I’m thinking about this now. I saw my ex-best friend for the first time in a long time by coincidence. We don’t live that far from each other, maybe a 10-minute walk.

I was walking my dog with my sister, and then there was a car that drove by straight. I didn’t even notice it because I was blurry eyed. My sister loudly said it was my ex-best friend because she saw her.

She said my ex-best friend was looking at me, and hiding in that fleeting passing moment. I have no idea if her mom (who was driving) even looked at me.

I just I don’t understand why she hid? There is no way I could of spoken to her, I was walking, she was riding.

Is this a sign of embarrassment? Hatred? Awkwardness? I just don’t know.

A similar situation happened with my 16-year old brother. Who she never had any issues with. He saw her on the train once, or well she saw him. She knew he was there. Then another ex-friend of mine got on. When that friend hopped on, they only spoke to each other even though they sat next to each other through text. While that other girl would look at my brother from the corner of her eye. Basically since they were in his presence on the train, they wouldn’t speak out loud to each other like normal people. When I heard that I found that bizarre.

To me it sounds like hatred?
Doesn't sound like hatred to me if she was hiding in the car. Maybe embarrassment or awkwardness? I would lean more towards awkwardness just because if I saw my ex-friend it would be very awkward for the both of us lol

Upvote 0

Awaken_Riceball_

I had a situation where I saw a high school bully at the same voting poll. Times changed and we had a delightful conversation, but reminiscing on memories past definitely made it arkward. I believe your sister is in a similar situation with a former best friend. I also believe she is still friends with her on social media, but blocked which is also arkward. Until she decides to talk about how the friendship ended or simply mature where arkward situations can be properly handled, then the hiding will continue.

Hatred is when the sight of seeing someone makes you sick to your stomach. You'll know that feeling well when you experience it. There is a huge difference between dislike and hate although the two gets interchanged as similar definition which is why I avoid saying I hate, instead, I say I dislike, I don't like, etc.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Definitely feels more awkward than anything is my guess. Most people acting out of hatred are usually more confrontational.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bleu
Replies
Views
Fishyfishyfishman
Replies
Views
Bleu
Replies