Can I have a bird

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I really like birds and since my parents won't let me get another fish tank for x-mass I'm going to ask for a bird. I'm just going to ask some questions here and hopefully somebody who has birds or had them or knows a lot about them can answer them for me. So does anybody know if putting a blanket over the birds cage really makes them quiet because if it doesn't then my dad won't let me get any.

Thanks

Austin

not4you

Valued Member
Reaction score
I don't have any birds but when I was growing up my parents had plenty. While putting a cover over their cage won't make them 100% quiet but it should make them quieter.

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Before you get a bird or even ask for one DO RESEARCH!!!!! Nothing bugs me more than someone who just goes out and gets a pet without knowing anything about how to care for it. Especially fish, but also birds.
Parakeets are great birds, they dont make a lot of noise, they can learn to talk most of the time, and they are very cute, smart and friendly (if you treat them right) Mine is so friendly and he can whistle and mumble hello and he can do tons of tricks (fetch, play dead, turn around, rings on a peg, shake hands, wave, high five, come when he's flying, and more) Yes if you cover their cage at night it will make it go right to sleep usually, as long as it's somewhat quiet and dark, and he shouldnt make noise. Hand raised parakeets are a little more usually, but it's worth it because the ones that aren't hand raised have never been handled so you're going to be spending a lot of time coaxing it to come out of it's cage and even more getting it to trust you without being scared to death being outside it's cage.
Bigger birds are way noisier than parakeets and if you're not careful they can SCREAM your ears off. Parakeets do like to chirp and sing, but I think it's a nice noise.
If you have any other ?s about parakeets....I'm known as the "parakeet person". lol.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yup but unfortunately you weren't here when I posted. ya I did research but it didn't work on my parents so no more animals, I think I'v exhausted all pets to try to get even the one's I don't want as much, birds were my first choice but no more pets. Thanks for telling me that stuff though.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
atmmachine said:
ya I did research but it didn't work on my parents so no more animals,
For now. lol. ;D
Tom

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tom said:
atmmachine said:
ya I did research but it didn't work on my parents so no more animals,
For now. lol. ;D
Tom
Only for a while wait until you are older then PET CITY LOL

Bronx mom

Reaction score
Birds are like potatoe chips, you just cant have one!
I "almost" buy another parrot every year, but after thinking about it realy hard i talk myself out of it. Parrots are expensive to keep and need just as much attention and care as a child wood. I have a parrot and i love her with my whole heart, and so far she is #1..............for now anyway. I have had her for 5 years now and sometimes wonder if she would be happy to have a fellow featherd friend BUT she is living a good life and that might change after adding a new baby in the mix. Lola is fully flighted, and has many play areas in the house for her to fly to and hang out. she is trained to fly on command as well and just has alot of freedom. Pretty much she is only in the cage when we are not home. So even the desire as big as it may be, and believe me it is big(i was just a pet store snuggling with a hyacinth macaw, and oh boy i just wanted to take him home) i have to consider cost and how it would affect my baby girl. Puchasing any bird is not to be taken lightly because its not fair to the bird. If you are ready to be a "parront" then do homework and wait a full year before purchasing so that you know its not an impulse buy, those dont always turn out well. :'( All great things come to those who wait and research! ;D

Bronx mom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom