Teishokue
No

Ayushman Singh
Why?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

I read on google that I can

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

aliray
The mint plants might have been growing with their leaves and stems out of the water and just the roots in the water? Mint is a land plant however there are so many different varieties of plants that belong to the mint family. The one thing that plants that belong to the mint family have in common is that the stems are square with equal sides when you feel it with your fingers. Alison

Drummindot
It might be worth a try to you. Just use a floating pot for your mint. They are usually available at Home Depot/ Lowe's & the like. Plant it so it sits high in the pot and as such the plant itself won't be submerged. If it doesn't work you won't be out much.
One caution I would have it to be sure that if it does take off that you keep it trimmed so the leaves and the oil that is naturally produced by them is not soaking in the pond and therefore adding minty oil to your pond water.
This issue would be the one thing that would keep me from doing it. As the oil could still get in the water when it rains. Mint oil is often used as an insect repellent and as such I can only imagine what it would do to irritate the delicate mucus membranes of fish.

Ayushman Singh
Thanks for the response I tried doing it but it didn't work out well

Drummindot
Thanks for the response I tried doing it but it didn't work out well

Sorry to hear it didn't work. Thanks for letting us know!

Aquaphobia
Mint oil is a concentrated extract. Not enough of it would get in the pond to affect anything.

There is a type of mint called "water mint" that you might look for! It can grow either on land or in water, you just have to allow it to acclimate. Generally it's the smaller, smooth-leaved mints that do well in water

Ayushman Singh
Ok now you've told me there's something like that I need to search for it.

Aquaphobia

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aquaphobia
Replies
Views
Aquaphobia
Replies
Views
Ayushman Singh
Replies