Can I grow java moss here?

Bonkers

Could I grow java moss to cover the parts of my internal Juwel filter?
I would obviously not cover the vented parts on the casing or on top but does it spread or would it be too messy to be that close to the filter?

I believe you tie it onto things? In which case I could wrap fishing line around the case and moss to keep it in place.

Any recommendations will be welcomed.

Fisheye

This is such a cool idea.

You could superglue moss and all kinds of plants-anubias, java fern, bolbitis, bucephelandra. It could look like those plant walls in office towers.

Just use plain superglue with only cyanoacrylate as the ingredient.

I hope you'll post a pic!

Bonkers

You could superglue moss and all kinds of plants-anubias, java fern, bolbitis, bucephelandra. It could look like those plant walls in office towers.

I will post a pic once done.
Does it have to be superglue? It would leave marks on my filter casing if I was to take it off.

Fisheye

Well, I've heard some people have used hot glue but I've never done that so can't say. Cyanoacrylate is universally considered safe.

Sorry, don' t know if it will leave marks.

sto0ka

It will leave marks, on the other hand fishing line will be messy and you'll have moss flying around.

I guess you can sand down superglue marks if you decide to remove moss.
Other than that, you can take plastic mesh and wrap it around filter over the moss, moss will in a few months/weeks cover it

Bonkers

It will leave marks, on the other hand fishing line will be messy and you'll have moss flying around.

I guess you can sand down superglue marks if you decide to remove moss.
Other than that, you can take plastic mesh and wrap it around filter over the moss, moss will in a few months/weeks cover it
Thanks.
I’m going to have a look now and see if there are any other grass type plants I could cover the filter with. If I could get a “blanket” of something to just tie on with dark green fishing line to blend in. I think that would look pretty good.
Have you guys got anything else in mind I could look at?

Bonkers

Almost done!
Got 3 cherry barbs last night to see how they get on before I get my angels and corys.
I’ll also be getting a far few more plants. Not sure what yet.

Fisheye

That is not a small tank...I could prolly go for a dip in there.

Lucky you!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MasterPython
Replies
Views
-Mak-
Replies
Views
WTFish?