Can I get some fancy guppies?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I really only have one comment and it is not an answer to your question, I am sorry to say.  I do hope that you are not planning to put the gouramI in with Satin.  They are related and the effect would be the same as putting two male Bettas in together.  I hope this does not upset your plans too much but  I thought you should be told now than down the line when it might cause a real problem.

A NEW tank would be nice ;D.

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
As long as you are not planning on moving your Betta back to the 29 gallon I don't see why not. But I would wait until you have moved the Gourami. You don't want something to come up that prevents you from moving the GouramI and end up with an overstocked tank. As far as I know Harlequins are very peaceful. I'm not sure about the Gourami.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gouramis as a group are rated as "Semi-Aggressive", the same as the Betta. (Surprise, the Betta is a member of the GouramI family!) The behavior is essentially supposed to be the same, territorial and can be belligerant to others in the same family. I wouldn't want to put them in with anything you wouldn't put in with a Betta, they are after all related.

Rose

OP
E

ebbandflow

Reaction score
OK thanks for the advice... yeah I wasn't planning on putting satin back in the 29. I think the ten is his new home... he seems happy and once his plants come I think he will forgive me. I don't think I'll have a problem moving the gouramI later though so I might just go ahead and get the guppies now.

New Threads