10 Gallon Tank Can I get few cory cats with my sparkling gouramis?

Crimson_687

Well Known
Since your tank is a 10 gallon and Corys must be kept as a minimum of 6, it will be tight for corycats (some get to nearly 2 inches) so I would recommend dwarf corydora as an alternative. Dwarf Corys will be fine with the rest of your stock and will eat excess fish food and take well to supplements.

On a side note, watch out for sparkling gourami eating your shrimp. They are small, but very cunning and persistent.

OP
slimeneo

slimeneo

Crimson_687 said:
Since your tank is a 10 gallon and Corys must be kept as a minimum of 6, it will be tight for corycats (some get to nearly 2 inches) so I would recommend dwarf corydora as an alternative. Dwarf Corys will be fine with the rest of your stock and will eat excess fish food and take well to supplements.

On a side note, watch out for sparkling gourami eating your shrimp. They are small, but very cunning and persistent.
Thanks for the suggestion! Would you suggest 6 dwarf corys then? doing some research on the dwarf Corys - do they absolutely need sand substrate? unfortunately I have gravel. My gravel doesn't look very sharp, its actually mostly round/smooth but also I am not a fish so not sure what to compare to...

JettsPapa

Fishlore VIP
slimeneo said:
I have a 10 gal walstad planted tank. I currently have just 2 sparkling gouramis.

I definitely want a few shrimps as I have lots of moss balls and some java moss as well. I'm thinking of adding a few Cory cats as well for cleanup crew, will they be too much? . . .
Really all the cleaning corys do is eat whatever food gets past the other fish. If you're getting shrimp they'll do the same thing (if the gouramis don't eat them first).

New Threads