Can I Get Another Bottom Feeder To Clean The Bottom?

Doomheadthebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi, so right now I have a 20 gallon with a black gravel bottom with Driftwood and live plants. It has 3 raspborras, a dwarf gourami, 3 nerite snails, and a clown pleco. Sometimes I feed my pleco and snails carrots. The entire tank loves carrots but when they eat it they leave carrot shavings. I used to have a gold gourami and she would eat them but now that I gave her away, Kai my dwarf gourami doesn't really eat them. Is there another creature I can put in that will clean the mess? I know I'd still have to feed it actual food too but what can I put in.? I'm still trying to get a gravel pump thing too. I know that will help too once I buy one. :3

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Tbh a gravel vacuum is all you will need. Or, a turkey baster in between gravel cleanings, suck up the carrot bits.

With your stock, i wouldnt add anything else, especially since plecos have such a high bioload as it is

HOWEVER i would add 3 more rasboras as they are a schooling fish, so 5 or 6 is best. But i wouldnt add anything else at all after that.

And, welcome

Doomheadthebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tbh a gravel vacuum is all you will need. Or, a turkey baster in between gravel cleanings, suck up the carrot bits.

With your stock, i wouldnt add anything else, especially since plecos have such a high bioload as it is

HOWEVER i would add 3 more rasboras as they are a schooling fish, so 5 or 6 is best. But i wouldnt add anything else at all after that.

And, welcome
A turkey baster? I don't even have one but they're cheaper than an actual gravel pump so for now I'll get one
Also I do plan on getting some more rasboras along with a couple of plants though. I wanted bright fish but when I had doomin the 20 gallon i couldn't. Lol
And thank you! :3

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom