Can I Get A Heater That Can Be Set?

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by JRS, Apr 23, 2017.

1. JRSWell Known MemberMember

I am getting frustrated with my heater. It can be adjusted, but I can't seem to get it where I need it to be and the dial is sensitive so I go to far either way. It is in a 20 gallon soon to be upgraded to a 29. Any ideas on a heater that can be set?

2. KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

None of my heat the water to what they are set for. One heats higher, one heats lower etc, etc. I have to sit there with a little needle nosed pliers and barely turn the knob, wait 2 hours, try again. Once I get it where I want it, it's stable. It's just a pain.

3. James17Well Known MemberMember

If you want to spend a little I run a heater controller Finnex HC-810M and a heater that hooks to it.

4. JRSWell Known MemberMember

It is. I had it set and it seemed to stay for a couple of days and then it dropped 2 degrees. I waited and then moved it and it went up too high. UGH!

5. JRSWell Known MemberMember

I will check it out.

6. JRSWell Known MemberMember

Can you use any heater with this? One of the reviews made it seem like you could. Seems like a great idea, even if it was just for the warning in case something goes wrong.

7. James17Well Known MemberMember

You have to buy a heater that plugs into it, many sizes available.

8. JRSWell Known MemberMember

Ok thanks for the information.

9. AvalancheDaveWell Known MemberMember

Fluval E has a digital setting and an electronic thermostat. One of my favorite heaters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice