Can I Get A Heater That Can Be Set?

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by JRS, Apr 23, 2017.

1. JRSWell Known MemberMember

I am getting frustrated with my heater. It can be adjusted, but I can't seem to get it where I need it to be and the dial is sensitive so I go to far either way. It is in a 20 gallon soon to be upgraded to a 29. Any ideas on a heater that can be set?

2. KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

None of my heat the water to what they are set for. One heats higher, one heats lower etc, etc. I have to sit there with a little needle nosed pliers and barely turn the knob, wait 2 hours, try again. Once I get it where I want it, it's stable. It's just a pain.

3. James17Well Known MemberMember

If you want to spend a little I run a heater controller Finnex HC-810M and a heater that hooks to it.

4. JRSWell Known MemberMember

It is. I had it set and it seemed to stay for a couple of days and then it dropped 2 degrees. I waited and then moved it and it went up too high. UGH!

5. JRSWell Known MemberMember

I will check it out.

6. JRSWell Known MemberMember

Can you use any heater with this? One of the reviews made it seem like you could. Seems like a great idea, even if it was just for the warning in case something goes wrong.

7. James17Well Known MemberMember

You have to buy a heater that plugs into it, many sizes available.

8. JRSWell Known MemberMember

Ok thanks for the information.

9. AvalancheDaveWell Known MemberMember

Fluval E has a digital setting and an electronic thermostat. One of my favorite heaters.