can i feed this to my fish?

1. Salazar Member Member

can i feed the sea monkeys that i have to my beta/guppies?

2. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

They are the same as brine shrimp.
    Yes, they are great fish food.
    Just be sure to rinse them off, before feeding.

3. TayJay76 Member Member

Welcome to fishlore!

Of course, actually sea monkeys are just brine shrimp. They don't really have any kind of nutritional value, but can be safely consumed by your fish.
    you could also try feeding them some hikari mysis shrimp.

4. Salazar Member Member

ok, but how do i wash them off without killing them. i dont want to kill them because even though they have no nutritional value, it is fun for my fish. and are they too big for my guppies' mouth and will they survive in the freshwater tank untill my fish catch them?:;dk

5. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I'm pretty sure brine shrimp have quite a bit of nutritional value to them.....I've never heard that they don't. If not most of the food we feed also has no nutritional value since a lot of foods have brine shrimp in them.

6. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

yeah they do have lots of nutritional value....i just bought some frozen baby brine shrimp to feed my fry, since it's good for them. i also feed adult brine shrimp and mysis too. though mysis is bigger...so if the fish are small, they possibly could have a harder time with it.

7. Salazar Member Member

Ok ok... But the nutritional value is not the point. How do I wash them without killing them and are they too big for my guppies mouth?