Can I Feed My Bichir Axolotl Pellets?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by Taylaslife, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Taylaslife

Taylaslife Valued Member Member

Hi guys I'm trying to find some sinking pellets that my Bichir will eat as he is quite fussy and won't eat most pellets I have tried to feed him. I was just wondering if I could try him on these pellets that are made for axolotls. I have attached some images of the food [​IMG][​IMG]

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Can you get a list of ingredients?

Since they said it's not good enough for adults (even though he's talking about axolotls), I wouldn't bother with it. Doesn't sound nutritious enough.

Have your tried live or frozen food for your bichir?

3. OP
    OP
    Taylaslife

I can ask for a list of ingredients, he's currently eating a frozen beefheart and prawn mix from the pet store but I want to also feed him pellets, I've tried shrimp pellets and two other types but he is not interested at all

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Beef heart isn't a good diet for him, so I'm glad you're trying to switch him. There are lots of other frozen and live foods that might work though, if you're interested.

What kind of pellets have you tried?

Personally I wouldn't even bother with the axolotl food.

5. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

Don't feed it for a few days then give it the pellets you have. I personally have never had a bicher that wouldn't eat pellets. I have also found that most of them can't resist algae wafers.

6. OP
    OP
    Taylaslife

I just got him off a guy who has just shut his tank down and he said he was quite fussy, he was feeding him meal worms and shrimp pellets. What about these? [​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    Taylaslife

These are the pellets I have tried to feed him and that's the frozen food he eats
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. slayer5590

The pellets you have should do fine just hold off on feeding it for a few days. It will eat pellets when it gets hungry enough.

9. OP
    OP
    Taylaslife

Okay thank you, and should I feed the frozen food as a treat?

10. slayer5590

After it's on pellets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice