Can I Feed Mites To The Fish?

foxhill2
I bought a grindal worm culture from a seller on ebay. A month has gone by with no worms but there are 1000's of mites on the food!! I'm going to write them again but in the meantime they said I can feed the mites to my fish. Is it okay to feed my Apistos mites??

Attachments

• mites 2.JPG
    mites 2.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 236
yukondog
You probably could, but I think I would try it with cheaper fish.

foxhill2
You probably could, but I think I would try it with cheaper fish.
That's what I was thinking. I don't want to do any harm to the little guys.

yukondog
Why not BBS? There big enough to eat them.

smee82
I would use them as live food it probably wouldnt hurt.

foxhill2
Why not BBS? There big enough to eat them.
They do eat frozen brine shrimp, I just wanted to add a different type for variety. l also give them Bug Bites.

yukondog
How old are they and what type? I feed my BorelliI fry BBS, crushed flake food, small mosquito larva and small bloodworms I collect, just make sure they don't spray for mosquito control.

Jocelyn Adelman
I’ve had more success with white worms then Grindals... there’s a vendor “white worm man” who sells on eBay, has a Facebook page as well with info... the strain he sells is a “warm temp strain”.
(The white are perfect size for my killies and badis)
If you wanted to add a bit more variety microworms are also super easy, and would be great for the fry in the future... some of my larger guys snub their nose at the microworms... likely too small, but for the ease worth a shot

foxhill2
How old are they and what type? I feed my BorelliI fry BBS, crushed flake food, small mosquito larva and small bloodworms I collect, just make sure they don't spray for mosquito control.

I’ve had more success with white worms then Grindals... there’s a vendor “white worm man” who sells on eBay, has a Facebook page as well with info... the strain he sells is a “warm temp strain”.
(The white are perfect size for my killies and badis)
If you wanted to add a bit more variety microworms are also super easy, and would be great for the fry in the future... some of my larger guys snub their nose at the microworms... likely too small, but for the ease worth a shot

I got them about a month ago at my LFS. They are an inch long, so not fry size. Oh, they are Cacatoides not sure what color strain. I was so excited to see them I took the 3 that they had. Sadly the third one passed 2 weeks ago. It was healthy the day before with the biggest belly of the 3 so don't know what happened!? The remaining 2 are healthy so far.
They love Frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms.
Jocelyn, I'm afraid to buy worms on ebay again since last time all I got were mites. I thought white worms were harder to keep because of temps. Haven't heard about the warm temp strain. That's interesting.

cac 2.JPG
cac 1.JPG

Jocelyn Adelman
The grindals I bought online were also mites only
But seems “white worm man” is pretty reputable... he has a page on fb, as well as sells on both eBay and aquabid.
Mine were shipped to me beginning of July, withstood shipping in 100f plus... keep them on basement floor (in fishroom) and they’re producing like crazy

foxhill2
That's good to know. I'll look into the 'white worm man', thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sheldon13
Replies
Views
devsi
Replies
Views
devsi
Replies
Views