Can I even Fix Him?

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello
I don't think tank information is important with this. My friend moved and give his fish to me, one of his fish was a molly, however, the fish was shaped like this: I feel sad for him because he's always staying on my vase in the tank trying to struggle up, he swimms every now and then, but It makes me feel sad, I think he was born like this, is there anything I can even do?
Thanks

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had a few misfits like that....and I got a breeders box/net that hangs off the side of the tank...that way they can get food and recover...if you think its a birth defect (which can be from tank conditions as well) and won't get better, maybe the net will at least help with the struggling and the ability to get food...good luck with the molly!

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hiding behind a leaf and struggling to swim, is also too much for him.;..maybe he is being picked on also...id give him the net with some java moss and watch him for a week or so.....I hate to see any fish struggling in a main tank and sometimes its just that small break from others, and a nice varied diet, to make them feel better

hyun007

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If it is really struggling, ,my usual solution, a bowl of ice water with plenty of ice.
Fast and painless.

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I agree with Hyun007, What is best for the fish? It is hard to do and we always want to save our babies...but they also need a quality life.

Bettaguy17

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Its not THAT bad I need to kill him, but he does swim, and eat "regularly" but its just he has a bent back

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads