Can I Cut Bacopa Caroliniana And Replant Cuttings?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Dexter84, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Dexter84

Dexter84 Valued Member Member

Hey!so some of my bacopa plants are growing tall.

Can i cut them in half and replant the cutting in the substrate? Will it grow new roots and will the other planted part of the plant die if i cut it?

2. Lynn78too

Lynn78too Well Known Member Member

You sure can! They're a pain in the butt to keep down but they will grow and the others can use a trim. You cut your grass, trees and bushes outside and it doesn't kill them, right? Just don't hack it down to the substrate.

3. Kyleena696

Kyleena696 Valued Member Member

Agreed! I find they're my quickest growing plant. I'm constantly cutting and replanting or putting them in other tanks!
    I basically did this a few months ago to a different plant. It was huge and I wasn't thinking and cut it down so that the remaining plant was just a stalk with no leaves. Its finally got about ten new leaves growing on it, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it Lol.

Edit: If you can't keep them in the substrate you can always let them float for a week to three and they'll grow some nice roots you can plant.

4. dwarfpufferlover

dwarfpufferlover Well Known Member Member

I had horrible luck with mine and melted away after a week :(

5. m

mysticaquatics New Member Member

the stem portion where you cut will grow back new leaves quickly so you won't have that ugly cut look for very long! So cutting them and replanting is totally fine. Mine tend to float out of the substrate during photosynthesis, the bottom of the stem tends to produce a lot of bubbles. I like to really shove them in the substrate to combat this with my aquarium tweezers.

6. OP
    OP
    Dexter84

Dexter84 Valued Member Member

Ok thank u all :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice