Can I Breed a 14-15 Month Old Betta?

AquaticQueen

Hello all,
I would like to breed my betta Rex with a female because he has a more rare color and I figured purple bettas would sell pretty well, but I'm concerned about his age and what the results of the fry would be if I used him for breeding. He is 8 months old now, but by the time I breed he will be about 14-15 months old. I would only use him for 1 spawn and after that I would get another younger male to breed.
Would it be risky to use Rex for breeding?

Cameron2585

Is he quite slow or does he have a lot od energy?

Upvote 0

AquaticQueen

Is he quite slow or does he have a lot od energy?
He's definitely not sluggish. He moves around like any middle aged Betta.

Upvote 0

Freedumbird

Hello all,
I would like to breed my betta Rex with a female because he has a more rare color and I figured purple bettas would sell pretty well, but I'm concerned about his age and what the results of the fry would be if I used him for breeding. He is 8 months old now, but by the time I breed he will be about 14-15 months old. I would only use him for 1 spawn and after that I would get another younger male to breed.
Would it be risky to use Rex for breeding?
Well, it won't be that risky, he is at the end of is breeding age but he will be able to breed perfectly. But make sure you breed him in a right way, because if you don't, your beloved rex may die(I had 2 betta male disapear). If you breed him in a right way he would be healthy untill 5 years of completion. And make sure you breed with a blue female, you wud definetly have purple bettas. Good luck
He's definitely not sluggish. He moves around like any middle aged Betta.
If he does that, be careful. Feed him well, but not over feed, it can cause constipation and rex can not move and pick up the fries. Here is a guide,
-bring the female, and put it with the male(with like a partition)
-keep him with her and feed them equally(don't remove the partition for a week)
-you will definitely notice stripes in the females body and she will be bulgy.
-and your beloved rex will be full of bubbles
-leave them to do their work, they will finish spawning in 5-6 hours.
-keep watching them, when they finish remove female immediately, as the male will attack and may result in death.
-after 3 days the fry should be in free swimming stage, you can feed them baby brine shrimps and watch them grow in 3 months.

PS: I typed them on my own words, and my own experience. No Google.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rtessy
Replies
Views
Madeline Peterson
Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies