Can I add rummy nose tetras or black neons?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Gamer, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Gamer

GamerWell Known MemberMember

I know I can safely add a school of either with my angelfish now because they're young but, I'm curious if they could fit in an angels mouth when they reach full size. They are still small but I wouldn't want to lose any schoolers to predatation later on.

On that note, what about otto's for algae control later on?

2. Prince Powder

Prince PowderWell Known MemberMember

According to your info you have one lemon tetra and 3 corys in there already. Before looking to add another species, make sure you get more lemon tetras to give them a proper school. Your tank is a 47 gallon column? What are the dimensions? If the tank isn't long enough it might not support multiple schools of fish. As for the otos, the best algae control is prevention. ;)

3. OP
    OP
    Gamer

I am adding 3-5 more lemons, no more angels and perhaps 1 more corydora. I'm hoping to get away with 1 school of rummies while I'm at it. The dimensions are 20Lx30Hx18D. I hear you on algae prevention, I do try but it's not always a success with me lol.

4. Prince Powder

Prince PowderWell Known MemberMember

20 inches long gives you the same length as a 10 gallon tank. I think one school should be enough. Once those angels grow I think they'll pretty much fill it all in. You might even have to remove one of the angels if you wind up with a breeding pair. Definitely wait for more responses though!

As for the algae, I hear you. My hubby can sit right next to our tanks all day and never even notice whether the lights are on or off! I'll come home from an opening shift at 4:30 and find him sitting at the computer (right beside the tank) and the lights will still be off. Conversely I can come home from a closing shift at 10:30 and find him at the computer with the lights still on. He's utterly hopeless! LOL! If I didn't have bettas I would look into snails for myself. (My boys have been on their own for a while and I don't think they'd take kindly to tank mates.) Either that or see about rehoming my husband! But in reality, perhaps a timer for your lights will help. Also making sure your tank doesn't get direct sunlight.

5. pinksprklmonkeyValued MemberMember

:;laughing

6. OP
    OP
    Gamer

I understand that about the dimensions. Now I think it'd be better to go with ONE school of fish. We'll see about that light timer. ;) I've considered one before. I think a Coralife one looked good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice