Can I Add More Shrimp?

Aysu

Tank: 29 gallons heavily(?) planted
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10 ppm
Stocking: 8 corydoras Schwartz, 7 pearl danio, 7 neon tetra, 6 male guppies, 2 nerite snails, 2 Amano shrimp, 1 maybe-cardinal/maybe-cherry shrimp, at least 1 bladder snail (came in with the danios, but I like snails and it hasn’t multiplied out of control)

I'd like to add more red shrimp because I like shrimp a lot and the one red one I have looks so striking against the green. I rarely see the three shrimp I have what with all the plants, and decorations for them to hide in. I have a ton of plants at this point, so hiding places and food will not be an issue for them. But I worry that over-stocking is an issue because of all the fish. I’m still pretty new to the trade, and haven’t learned the limit yet. Nitrates have never been an issue in my tank likely because of all the plants, and I haven’t seen excessive bullying or any stress in the fish since I brought the individual shoal counts up, so I assume it’s not over crowded. Does this mean I have enough stocking wiggleroom to add more shrimp?

Thank you for your help and advice!

Here is a picture of my tank in case it helps judge if I have enough plants/room:

Attachments

• 11FD0550-3B5A-40F3-9891-C8A8A0F9C312.jpeg
    11FD0550-3B5A-40F3-9891-C8A8A0F9C312.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 21

flopperfrog

Tank: 29 gallons heavily(?) planted
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10 ppm
Stocking: 8 corydoras Schwartz, 7 pearl danio, 7 neon tetra, 6 male guppies, 2 nerite snails, 2 Amano shrimp, 1 maybe-cardinal/maybe-cherry shrimp, at least 1 bladder snail (came in with the danios, but I like snails and it hasn’t multiplied out of control)

I'd like to add more red shrimp because I like shrimp a lot and the one red one I have looks so striking against the green. I rarely see the three shrimp I have what with all the plants, and decorations for them to hide in. I have a ton of plants at this point, so hiding places and food will not be an issue for them. But I worry that over-stocking is an issue because of all the fish. I’m still pretty new to the trade, and haven’t learned the limit yet. Nitrates have never been an issue in my tank likely because of all the plants, and I haven’t seen excessive bullying or any stress in the fish since I brought the individual shoal counts up, so I assume it’s not over crowded. Does this mean I have enough stocking wiggleroom to add more shrimp?

Thank you for your help and advice!

Here is a picture of my tank in case it helps judge if I have enough plants/room:
i would say yeah. shirmp have a pretty low bioload

Upvote 0

Convoluted77

Yep you can add more cherry shrimp than you're probably willing to buy at once.I have a planted 29g that I'd say is stocked similarly to yours but I have 500 or so shrimp in there and it's just fine.

Upvote 0

Aysu

Yep you can add more cherry shrimp than you're probably willing to buy at once.I have a planted 29g that I'd say is stocked similarly to yours but I have 500 or so shrimp in there and it's just fine.
Hahahaha, yeah I’m probably not going to buy 500 shrimp at once! But it's great to know I can have more! Thank you for the input!

Upvote 0

Convoluted77

Hahahaha, yeah I’m probably not going to buy 500 shrimp at once! But it's great to know I can have more! Thank you for the input!
No prob. Your tank looks great btw.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Maxwell09
  • Question
Replies
Views
Tezzy
Replies
Views