Can I Add More Fish?

1. Lascapa

Lascapa Valued Member Member

Hi everyone. I have a 20 gal high tank. Currently there is 5 neons, 3 male guppies, 1 sunset gourami, 5 nerite snails, 4 amano shrimp and 1 albino cory cat. I want to rehome the cory. I know I should have more but I just don't seem to have any luck with them. My wife wants me to get another fish or 2 but I'm not sure what to get or is my tank fully stocked. Thanks for your replies.

2. f

fishboy345 New Member Member

You could maybe add 2 more guppies but I'd say it's fully stocked for the most part

3. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Well, for starters I would bump the Neons up to 8-10 as a school.
    You could get a few more guppies, remember M:F Ratio.

The gourami is great for the tank, he'll make a nice centerpiece.
    If you don't want to get more guppies, I suggest getting a full school of cory. 6-8 should be enough.

4. KimberlyG

KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like my community tank. (Minus the guppies, plus more neons and albino cories and the DG is a flame not a sunset, but I can't tell the difference between the two) No snails or shrimp.

5. OP
    OP
    Lascapa

Thanks for all the replies. Very good suggestions. My wife really likes the guppies. I've lost a few cory's so I'm afraid to get anymore. My tank has been very stable the last month or 2 and I'm almost afraid to add any fish. Lol. But everything has been good.

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

7. OP
    OP
    Lascapa

I like them. My wife says they look like little snakes. Lol. So I don't think I'll be getting those.
    I would like to add something different than what I have. If I can't do that I will probably get another male guppy and a couple more neons.

8. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

What about some peacock gudgeons?

9. OP
    OP
    Lascapa

I definitely like those. If I can find them locally. I'm also now thinking about upgrading my tank. I can't go too big, was thinking about a 30 gallon long. But will see
    Thanks everyone!