Can I Add More Boesemani?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Semperly, Apr 20, 2017.

1. SemperlyValued MemberMember

Hello, everyone!

I've had some unfortunate events unravel in my tank which have led to some.... openings. I am wondering if you guys think I could eventually add more Boesemani Rainbow Fish (not for a very long time, though).

I have a 55g tank with filters pushing 650gph. The following is a list of my current stock:

1 Opaline Gourami (2 inch)
    2 Pearl Gourami (2.5 inch)
    2 Boesemani Rainbow Fish (2 inch)
    5 Emerald Cory Cats (1.5 inch)
    2 Bristlenose Plecos (3 inch)

Right now there is complete harmony in the tank and everyone has been together for a good bit of time without any problems. I was thinking of getting 3 more Boesemani as I do not want any small schooling fish.

Thank you for your input!!!

2. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Yes, you can add more. I would get 6 more, actually....

3. aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

The bristlenose pleco isn't temp compatible with the bosemani rainbow, and I wouldn't do 2 plecos in a 55 because of the bioload. I suggest knocking off the BN plecos and getting just 1 clown pleco.

I suggest upping the bosemanis to 6-8 and upping the emeralds to 8.

4. SemperlyValued MemberMember

Anders247!!!! I remember you! You've helped me a lot in the past! And you don't think 8 Boesemani and 3 gourami are too many?

5. Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Boesemani rainbows are a shoaling fish so you should have had at least 6 :)

I believe it will work adding 3 more

Boesemani need warmer water than the bristlenose

6. SemperlyValued MemberMember

I did have 12 cory cats and then a nitrate spike happened... And wow 8 Boesemani! I really was not expecting that especially since I have 3 gourami! Thank you for your advice!

7. aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

You're welcome!

8. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I think that is fine. You can do two plecos but I do agree to switch the BNs for clowns.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice