50 Gallon Tank Can I add 2-4 more Angelfish and if so how many.

BigB322

Hello,

I have a 55Gal heavily planted with TWO Marineland Emperor Pro 450s on it.
It is currently stocked with: 20 Corydoras, 10 Sherpae Tetras, 7 Kuhli Loaches, 3 German Blue Rams(1 will be rehomed once they are sexed), 3 Hillstream loaches, 1 Green Dragon BN Pleco, 1 Lemmon Blue Eyed BN Pleco, 1 Veil Angelfish, 1 Blue Dwarf Gourami, and 1 Albino Bichir. I am doing a 35% WC every week (having to change less every week due to plants growing rapidly) and my parameters are: Ammonia 0ppm, Nitrites 0ppm, Nitrates 10ppm, Ph 7.2, Temp 80° F.

I want to add 2-4 more Angelfish to the tank is that possible or am I wishing for to much?

MoshJosh

In my opinion you’re already pretty close to If not already overstocked, but I tend to recommend light stocking if possible (I don’t always practice what I preach haha). Also, and I could be wrong, but I would worry about that bichir causing problems in the future/when it’s larger, but I’m not an expert on those fish.

all that said, once you’ve rehomed the Rams I imagine you could get three more angels, but at least from what I hear, small groups of angels can be sort of finicky when it comes to aggression.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
Jdoherty12
Replies
Views
sailesh10115