Status
Not open for further replies.

parvataneni

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi
I have stealth heater in my 10g tank and i have some Silk plants used for decorations i want to keep one of my plants close to heater which can hide the heater from outside view ...is it danger to keep my silk plant close to heater or it should be fine? i dont want the heater to burn the silk plant and kill all my fish.

Please help

Praveeen

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Unless the element in the heater is actually touching the plant (which is near impossible given that the element is sealed) then your plant should be fine.

Remember, you're only heating to around the 80F, so the surrounding heat isn't going to be too hot.

OP
P

parvataneni

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay ... i have platys in my tank.... heater is completely sealed .... so changes of touching the element is rare cases ...but as you suggested i will try to move it little away from heater

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So long as there is good water circulation around the heater, then the plants can't be burned. The water takes the heat away with it & the heater remains surprisingly cool to touch. I've got plants totally surrounding heaters in my tanks & have no issues what so ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 68 67.3%

Top Bottom