Can Guppies Have Earthworms?

Frisbee
Hi, I was wondering, will guppies eat earth worms? And if so, is it healthy to add them too their diet?

Also, I have some cichlid food and some tetra food but no cichlids or tetras, is it okay to feed cichlid and or tetra food to guppies?

endlercollector
I think they'd be too big for most guppies. I've occasionally have had some very aggressive females that would gang up together to tear things apart, and that's what it would take for a guppy to eat an earth worm. Smaller worms like microworms and dero worms go down a lot easier.

Frisbee
I think they'd be too big for most guppies. I've occasionally have had some very aggressive females that would gang up together to tear things apart, and that's what it would take for a guppy to eat an earth worm. Smaller worms like microworms and dero worms go down a lot easier.
Well, I mean chopped up in tiny pieces.

JamieXPXP
if its in small enough piece then yes they can eat earth worms its a nice treat every so often

Frisbee
What about cichlid food and or tetra food, can they eat that? (flaked)

JamieXPXP
depends on the size of the foods, guppies will eat anything and everything plus they are omnivorous but are fairly small fish

Frisbee
depends on the size of the foods, guppies will eat anything and everything plus they are omnivorous but are fairly small fish
I haven't opened the packages yet so I don't know how big the flakes are, they came with my fish tank. It seems like tetra and cichlid flakes should be small enough for guppies and if not I'm sure I could make them smaller, I was more wondering about nutrition.

JamieXPXP
I haven't opened the packages yet so I don't know how big the flakes are, they came with my fish tank. It seems like tetra and cichlid flakes should be small enough for guppies and if not I'm sure I could make them smaller, I was more wondering about nutrition.
then yes they can eat the food the tank came with

aquatickeeper
You could always crush the flakes up if they're too big.

Frisbee
Okay, thx guys

allllien
I recently ended up with some cichlid pellets (large type, about the size of a pea), was going to crush them up to feed to my livebearers, but then discovered I can just throw one pellet in per tank, the fish go crazy chasing it around like a soccer ball, when it starts to soften they can start to tear off tiny pieces, it actually works really well, a bit like giving them an algae wafer etc.

JamieXPXP
I recently ended up with some cichlid pellets (large type, about the size of a pea), was going to crush them up to feed to my livebearers, but then discovered I can just throw one pellet in per tank, the fish go crazy chasing it around like a soccer ball, when it starts to soften they can start to tear off tiny pieces, it actually works really well, a bit like giving them an algae wafer etc.
Only problem is some fish will try to eat the large pellets and can endup choking or bloated

allllien
Only problem is some fish will try to eat the large pellets and can endup choking or bloated
I only have livebearers, so they're not going to fit in anyone's mouth lol But I would assume if a fish could fit the whole pellet in it's mouth, then they're the right size pellet for that fish?

JamieXPXP
I only have livebearers, so they're not going to fit in anyone's mouth lol But I would assume if a fish could fit the whole pellet in it's mouth, then they're the right size pellet for that fish?
Yes if they have no trouble swallowing and it fits in their mouths then it's the right size for them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Elise299
Replies
Views
Sorg67
Replies
Views
Deb33
Replies
Views