Can German Blue Acara And Angels Be Scared Of Rosey Barbs?

Greenie

Reaction score
Hey all first of all thx for helping to pick the barbs, wanted a schooling type of fish that’s colourful and active, they are nothing but that! I enjoy them very much. I ve noticed no aggression between any fishes but they barbs take up most up the space in the tank and then acara used to roam the whole tank now he hides in bottom night corner where there are plants and wooden caves. The angels were free roaming around the whole thanks as well, but now they hide into another part of the tank. They do seem to be happy and fine, just less action from them.

this 90Gal currently holds one German blue acara 6 angels, 6 rosey barbs 4 platies. An leopard highfin pleco to eat algae then an upside down cat and cory cats as cleaning crewfor cleaning bottom left overs.

Any suggestion and advisess are highly welcomed and appreciated!

6D84451A-8DBE-45F1-AFD1-A0825020EF2C.jpeg
0FE79EA2-C6AC-4297-8125-FBA1C8975EF4.jpeg
78DA2C8D-FAD5-4B54-A34A-87AD4AC0B550.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lh 90 gallon

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 8 long fin rosy barbs with my 2 angels and they don’t seem to bother each other. But my tank is moderately planted with lots of tall plants to make the fish more secure. It is possible that the rosy barbs activity is startling the other fish. I would try to add some tall plants/decor to break up the tank and see if that helps

Greenie

Reaction score
I have 8 long fin rosy barbs with my 2 angels and they don’t seem to bother each other. But my tank is moderately planted with lots of tall plants to make the fish more secure. It is possible that the rosy barbs activity is startling the other fish. I would try to add some tall plants/decor to break up the tank and see if that helps
thanks for the knowledge! WHEre should I place the tall plants? Across the whole tank to make it a more covered area or just a partial area where the barbs usually chill at and reguarding as their terriory for now I guess

Oh and btw the Cichlid are keen on picking up my tall plants, any species of plants more tolerate to them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom