Can Fishes eat pork/chicken liver? Must it be beef heart?

zeebo
Hi,

Can Fishes eat pork/chicken liver?
Must it be beef heart?

Can they eat other types of worms other than Bloodworms?
What about those I find in the garden.

Sometimes after a big rain, many worms climbed onto the patio floor, can I feed those to the fish?

Can they eat other types of veggies other than zucchinI or green peas? Carrots? Cabbage?

Tom
I believe pork has too much mammal fat in it(that is really bad for fish). Chicken liver, I don't know about. Earthworms are good, but must be cleaned out from all the earth since you don't want any of the toxins from outside brought into the tank. As for the veggies, I think carrots, cucumbers, potato, garlic slices, and there's a few others, but can't remember them. Hope it helps.
Tom

COBettaCouple
I wouldn't feed them any livers as they're full of toxins. Worms from outside could have all manner of bacteria or parasites on them so it's risky to use them.

Different fish eat different vegetable. What fish are you talking about feeding?

susitna-flower
I agree with the above posts....Beefheart is a very lean muscle.

Liver is the organ in a body that cleans toxins out of the blood. It also processes fat, and has a high fat content. Heart muscle is higher in protein.

A link I found for a good beefheart fish food.

zeebo
HI All,
Thanks for the infor.

Tom, fish eat garlic?

COBettaCouple, I have a tropical freshwater fishes - mollies, gourami, balloon rams, clown loach, black ghost knife.

susitna-flower, thanks for the link to the website.

COBettaCouple
Looks like you have a good mix of meat, veggie & "i'll eat anything" fish there.

angelfish220
I'm going to try that reciepe, it lookes good.

Wilhelm Joshua Tan
Fish can eat earthworms like oscar. For the plants, Silver dollar and pacu can eat plants. No fish other than piranha( for big pond) and sharks can eat meat.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Quieteyes22
Replies
Views
Ruturaj
Replies
Views
Wendigoblue
Replies
Views