Can fish have seizures? Question

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Dragones5150918, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Dragones5150918

Dragones5150918Well Known MemberMember

Yep, another Drag crazy questions.

The reason why I'm asking is I got my cardinals on Wed, and all ready suffered one fish loss. I'm assuming the reason why I lost it was because there was a 24 hour delay in them ariving. Now, the 5 remaining cardinals are still schooled up, but they ate a little brine yesterday, but they were not really excited about it. So today I decided to try frozen bloodworms. I was hoping to see excited eating, bit again only a couple tried it and the rest just watched them fall. Me being me thought out side the box and though "Maybe they were raised on flakes and pellets," so I put some flakes in and finally got excited feeding. Now this is where it gets strange. One cardinal that was eating all of a sudden shot across the tank in that erratic death swim. I mean just zooming around the tank totally obvious to its surroundings. It last about 10 seconds and finally stopped on its side at the bottom of the tank. I thought it was dead, so I went down stairs to get the bag with the other cardinal out of the freezer so I can take them both in and get replacements. When I got back up stairs I looked in the spot where it died and it was no where to be found, so I started to search for it, thinking I'm going to have to euthanize it to stop it from suffering. I just couldn't find it until I looked at the school and there it was. Swimming with the rest like nothing happened, and I can't tell which one did it because everyone has good color and no outward sign on any fish from what happened. I gave never seen anything like this in my life.

Anyone have any idea? All I could think is seizure.

Thanks

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. OP
    OP
    Dragones5150918

Thanks Coradee, but I guess it was ammonia poisoning again, because it died this morning. Thanks for bumping it up though.

4. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Sorry he didn't make it :(

5. OP
    OP
    Dragones5150918

Yeah, I have another one going. It stopped eating. Maybe I should order on line instead with someone that has more reliable shipping.

Thanks Coradee.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice