Can fish have seizures? Question

1. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

Yep, another Drag crazy questions.

The reason why I'm asking is I got my cardinals on Wed, and all ready suffered one fish loss. I'm assuming the reason why I lost it was because there was a 24 hour delay in them ariving. Now, the 5 remaining cardinals are still schooled up, but they ate a little brine yesterday, but they were not really excited about it. So today I decided to try frozen bloodworms. I was hoping to see excited eating, bit again only a couple tried it and the rest just watched them fall. Me being me thought out side the box and though "Maybe they were raised on flakes and pellets," so I put some flakes in and finally got excited feeding. Now this is where it gets strange. One cardinal that was eating all of a sudden shot across the tank in that erratic death swim. I mean just zooming around the tank totally obvious to its surroundings. It last about 10 seconds and finally stopped on its side at the bottom of the tank. I thought it was dead, so I went down stairs to get the bag with the other cardinal out of the freezer so I can take them both in and get replacements. When I got back up stairs I looked in the spot where it died and it was no where to be found, so I started to search for it, thinking I'm going to have to euthanize it to stop it from suffering. I just couldn't find it until I looked at the school and there it was. Swimming with the rest like nothing happened, and I can't tell which one did it because everyone has good color and no outward sign on any fish from what happened. I gave never seen anything like this in my life.

Anyone have any idea? All I could think is seizure.

Thanks

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

Thanks Coradee, but I guess it was ammonia poisoning again, because it died this morning. Thanks for bumping it up though.

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Sorry he didn't make it :(

5. Dragones5150918 Well Known Member Member

Yeah, I have another one going. It stopped eating. Maybe I should order on line instead with someone that has more reliable shipping.

Thanks Coradee.