Can fish be spoiled?

• Thread starter Nikao
  • Start date

Nikao

Well Known
I’ve been feeding my fish a variety of food. My angels and tetras though started spitting out the flake foo today and now it is like I’m over feeding them! There is food everywhere!

I fed them bloodworms yesterday, and now I’m wondering if they are spoiled because of it. Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Nick

Evaldiv6

I think it is possible. Before I started giving my fish dried worms and brown shrimp, I’d be able to go up to the fish tank without a problem. Now whenever I get near it, they all swim to the top thinking I’m going to give them food.

TWiG87

Well Known
There are certain foods that fish will like more than others for sure. I used to have an Oscar that was pretty spoiled. You couldn’t walk by the tank without him wagging around begging for food. He would eat from your hand, it was cool.

Evaldiv6

TWiG87 said:
There are certain foods that fish will like more than others for sure. I used to have an Oscar that was pretty spoiled. You couldn’t walk by the tank without him wagging around begging for food. He would eat from your hand, it was cool.
That’s exactly how my fish get. I’m able to scoop them up without a problem. Unless they see a fish net around. Lol

wishuponafish

Well Known
My theory is that the flakes expired yesterday... jk

conreality

I definitely think they have preferences. Some stuff has to taste better than others!

Top Bottom