Can Female Guppies get Pregnant at 2 months old

JoannaEB

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been looking after my guppy fry. They all are 2 months old. I can now see thst I have mostly females but thre of them are males. Is it possible for the females to get pregnant at such young age? I want to separate them but i dont know if now is a good time to do it.

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I will say probably? If you can tell the difference I would separate them if that is your plan to do so.

flyinGourami

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think so.... If you plan to separate them and you can tell the genders, I would do so now. You can move them safely, some people move them soon after birth.

zorianak

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Separate as early as you can tell the difference. I currently have a pregnant 2 month old endler, fwiw, but IMO it does tend to stunt their growth just like it does with mammals. It won't otherwise hurt her, though, so don't worry too much - they're fish; they are pretty adaptable.

But as far as her get goes, that young would rarely produce more than a very insignificant amount of fry, depending on the line. At that age, my chili endlers rarely produce more than like 1-2 per drop. At 3-4 months, it usually begins to increase dramatically.

New Threads