Can female bettas have 2 white egg spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscnjf

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I took a look at my betta fish this morning, very very small betta female, and she has these 2 dots underneath her. They're bigger than the normal egg spot on a female, and she has never had a white spot yet. They look like one is slightly to the left side and one is slightly to the right.
Can bettas have 2 bigger than average egg spots?
If not what could it be? She's never had ich or anything. She did have a white spot above her lip before but it looked like a scale.

OP
M

mscnjf

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
pictures

Yeah sorry. These pictures aren't the best. If you need more just ask and I'll try.
Also they look stringy up close. They might be feces? Not sure
20130904_210911.jpg20130904_210921.jpg20130904_210956.jpg20130904_211003.jpg

OP
M

mscnjf

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
She has two big white puffs underneath her stomach. They've been there for a couple days now. Are you sure it's normal?

OP
M

mscnjf

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They're still there and it's been a few more days. Trying the Lifeguard tablets but they're still there. It's really creepy to look at though. Anyone got any ideas? Please?

OP
M

mscnjf

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
No. But I've had her in a new bigger tank for about a month to two since my other one jumped out and died. She was a jumper!

They look a little bigger now than in the picture, really stringy and puffy. Two puffy stringy balls. Sorry the pictures are so bad!

OP
M

mscnjf

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
3 gallon bow (roundish in the front) tank. I did a water change a week ago. Before that I was out of the country for 3 weeks and I had someone come by and feed her once a day. They didn't change the water and it was completely green when I came back. Could that have something to do with it?
Also I think she ate a lot of blood worms. Could that be something too? Since they're stringy?
Let me see if I can get another picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom