Can dwarf gourami live on their own?

BlueberrytheBetta

When my Betta died I'm wanting to get a dwarf guorami but I'm not sure if they can live alone

dcutl002

Good question. I have previously kept a Blue Gourami alone in a Walstad style 10 gallon before. No issues. Gouramis and Bettas are both from the "Labyrinth Fish" family.

FishDin

Good question. I have previously kept a Blue Gourami alone in a Walstad style 10 gallon before. No issues. Gouramis and Bettas are both from the "Labyrinth Fish" family.
I've kept a dwarf Gourami the same way. It did have a couple frogs in there too.

Rhi1

I decided to go with a single male in a planted tank so he has stuff to keep him entertained. I watched them at the shop for ages and picked out the most docile one that was hanging out by himself. There was another male that was hanging around with the group of females which I thought might have been less happy alone. My guy seems good by himself, but I try to keep his food varied including some live food, and move his tank around a bit if he starts to seem bored. He loves exploring whenever I change things up.

ProudPapa

When my Betta died I'm wanting to get a dwarf guorami but I'm not sure if they can live alone

Not only can dwarf gouramis be kept alone, some insist on it. They'll kill anything else in the tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
DWARFgourami
Replies
Views
Fluidmotion1987
Replies
Views