Can different types of Corys school together?

1. Rere983

Rere983 New Member Member

I have a 20g tank with two peppered Corys in it. I am interested in adding a couple panda Corrys and an albino, but I'm getting mixed results online about whether this is a good idea. Does anyone have experience in this matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Andrew Sackett

Andrew Sackett Valued Member Member

I don't think they mind, I think it's more that they tend to look better with only one type when they school but I'm not too experienced so don't take my word for it

3. C

CLam Valued Member Member

Personally, I'd up the number of peppered corys. Cory cats of different species can hang together, but will always feel more secure and less alone with more of their own. To be clear, you speak of an albino bronze cory, when you say albino, right?

Also, since corys hang out at the bottom, height of the tank is less valuable than area. Is your tank long or high?

4. OP
    OP
    Rere983

Rere983 New Member Member

I'm not sure what type of albino Cory yet. I haven't thought that far into it yet. Also, my tank is long and I'm sure it's spacious enough for these corys. Thanks for the help!

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

90% are C.Aeneus

6. Mortisha

Mortisha Valued Member Member

At one point I had 3 emerald green and 3 spotted and the greens hung together and the spotted did the same.

7. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Corys are best kept in groups of their own kind, they will interact with other species especially if there's food around but given the choice they seek out their own kind