Can Common And Oranda Live Together?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Lil Spicy, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Lil Spicy

Lil SpicyNew MemberMember

Is it possible for my common (found out it's not a comet but a common) and oranda to live together. I have no plans on adding more goldfish as two is already a hassle. I have seen people keeping them together. I know that round and thin goldfish don't mix well because ones faster than the other at getting food. If I were able to hand feed them both and put in the extra work is it possible. I found no clear answer on the web on either side. At least from what I found.
    Repost from my other thread

2. Pictusboss

PictusbossValued MemberMember

Commons get 2 feet long. Unless you have a pond, then no.

3. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIIIWell Known MemberMember

Also commons nip and shred fancy goldfish fin. Don't do it.

4. oldsalt777Well Known MemberMember

Hello Lil...

I did some research before I started my Goldfish tank and the only things I found about keeping a "Community" tank is to avoid big differences in size and speed as a far as how fast the fish swims. You don't want to combine slow and fast swimmers. Comets are fast. Orandas aren't. Large fish will get most of the food and it's the same with fast swimmers. Goldfish are peaceful and very social, mine are this way.

Hope this helps.

Old

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice