Can Common And Oranda Live Together?

Lil Spicy

Reaction score
Is it possible for my common (found out it's not a comet but a common) and oranda to live together. I have no plans on adding more goldfish as two is already a hassle. I have seen people keeping them together. I know that round and thin goldfish don't mix well because ones faster than the other at getting food. If I were able to hand feed them both and put in the extra work is it possible. I found no clear answer on the web on either side. At least from what I found.
Repost from my other thread

Pictusboss

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Commons get 2 feet long. Unless you have a pond, then no.

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Also commons nip and shred fancy goldfish fin. Don't do it.

oldsalt777

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lil Spicy said:
Is it possible for my common (found out it's not a comet but a common) and oranda to live together. I have no plans on adding more goldfish as two is already a hassle. I have seen people keeping them together. I know that round and thin goldfish don't mix well because ones faster than the other at getting food. If I were able to hand feed them both and put in the extra work is it possible. I found no clear answer on the web on either side. At least from what I found.
Lil Spicy said:
Hello Lil...

I did some research before I started my Goldfish tank and the only things I found about keeping a "Community" tank is to avoid big differences in size and speed as a far as how fast the fish swims. You don't want to combine slow and fast swimmers. Comets are fast. Orandas aren't. Large fish will get most of the food and it's the same with fast swimmers. Goldfish are peaceful and very social, mine are this way.

Hope this helps.

Old

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom