Can cherry shrimp and/or amano shrimp harm ADFs?

LinasPlantLife

I’ve read on here that amano shrimp can stand up to the occasional poke from African dwarf frogs, so I was wondering if that meant that they could do harm to them? And I’ve heard that ADFs may eat cherry shrimp, but wouldn’t that only be the babies and not the larger adults? I’ve seen a video of a cherry shrimp that was about the size of the ADF so I don’t think they would be able to swallow them unless they were hunting them down and tearing the adults apart. That’s unlikely, isn’t it?

AcornTheBetta

I’ve read on here that amano shrimp can stand up to the occasional poke from African dwarf frogs, so I was wondering if that meant that they could do harm to them? And I’ve heard that ADFs may eat cherry shrimp, but wouldn’t that only be the babies and not the larger adults? I’ve seen a video of a cherry shrimp that was about the size of the ADF so I don’t think they would be able to swallow them unless they were hunting them down and tearing the adults apart. That’s unlikely, isn’t it?
I don't really think that ADFs will go after any shrimp since the shrimp are smart enough and fast enough to get away... RCS might be able to be eaten.

Upvote 0

skar

I keep them all together..
I haven't noticed any issues from any of them being together.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
oliviawilliam2017
Replies
Views
Theulli
  • Question
Replies
Views
Sokamix