Can Anything Else Go In My 2.5 Gallon Tank?

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
adh/smile said:
Haha! I'm can relate to that. I should edit that my first betta was kept in a 1 gallon, unfiltered, bowel for the first year of his life. When I put him (and the bettas to follow) into the 2.5 gallon tank I noticed a great difference in their behavior!
This is why you always research!

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would keep bettas 77 F and above, but neons should be in temps 75 F and below, so they're not temp compatible. Bettas and guppies are temperature compatible, but not behaviorally compatible. Sure, some people will think it works out for a period of time, but it likely won't work out permanently.

OP
adh/smile

adh/smile

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
TexasDomer said:
I would keep bettas 77 F and above, but neons should be in temps 75 F and below, so they're not temp compatible. Bettas and guppies are temperature compatible, but not behaviorally compatible. Sure, some people will think it works out for a period of time, but it likely won't work out permanently.
The betta was only in the guppy and neon tank for about a month. Now they are separate. The betta is back into his 2.5 gallon and the 10 gallon with the other fish is at 70 degrees. I'm looking into a better heater for the betta tank. Currently the water hovers around 69-70. I want it to be more around the high 70's to low 80's. I posted another thread asking about what heater would be best for a 2.5 gallon.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would definitely get a heater soon. 69-70 is way too low, and your betta may get sick from the low temps.

OP
adh/smile

adh/smile

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, I agree with you! I am looking into what heater would be best and get one ASAP!!!

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom