Can Anyone Tell Me What Kind Of Molly This Might Be And Whether Or Not She Is Pregnant?

1. FishyFan2018

FishyFan2018 Valued Member Member

I just found out my biggest molly is a male when I had been told it was a female so now I'm wondering if my baby mollies are big enough to have gotten pregnant, 1 in particular is looking rather big but she could be a bolloon molly so wanted to ask. Thanks all :) also can anyone tell me if the fish in the last pic is a molly or swordtail? Ty

Attached Files:

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

It looks to be a white dalmatian molly, and I think she is pregnant! :)
    The other fish is a molly too, a black dalmatian.

3. OP
    OP
    FishyFan2018

Sorry the last pic didn't load so here it is

Yeah the black dalmatian is the female I just found out is actually a male. The babies were all suppose to be "her" babies but I'm almost positive is a male. I'm new to fish so wanted to check.

Attached Files:

4. SegiDream

SegiDream Well Known Member Member

Looks like a swordtail to me. It's hard for me to tell from the pictures if that's a balloon molly or not. Chances are that she's pregnant just for the simple fact that you have a male molly in the same tank.

5. OP
    OP
    FishyFan2018

Thank you.

6. emeraldking

emeraldking Well Known Member Member

In the first posted picture with the almost black one in it, it looks like a molly. But the second picture with the same fish, it looks rather similar to a swordtail. Maybe a closer shot from the side would give more clarity.

7. SegiDream

SegiDream Well Known Member Member

I assumed these are pictures of two completely different black colored fish. Because the OP seemed pretty confident they had a male black dalmatian molly, and the last pic seemed to be the fish in question.

8. OP
    OP
    FishyFan2018

Yes it is the 2nd black fish in question that I was wondering about ( the one without spots) I recently did a tank rearranging as I have slowly been trying to add more plants so maybe some of the fry will live, so finding her is hard to do atm. But soon as my tank settles again I will try and take another picture. Thank you all for the help

9. emeraldking

emeraldking Well Known Member Member

You're right...:emoji_thumbsup: