Can anyone share pictures of their Walstad method tank?

kbn

Can anyone share pictures of their Walstad method tank?

Fisheye

Hi. I thought someone would post by now! I broke mine down or would gladly post.

Are you looking for inspiration to start your own or just want to see what other people have done.

bmuckluck

1588453979628.png
Here's mine! Its dirted but i put a perimeter of sand around the edge of the tank so the dirt is not visible. I thought it would look better this way but now I am kind of sad I cant see the dirt! It has a heater and an LED light though so Im not sure if thats exactly walsted? also need to re-arrage, the stick to the right of the rock doesn't look great there IMO and the java moss is a bit out of control!

kbn

Hi. I thought someone would post by now! I broke mine down or would gladly post.

Are you looking for inspiration to start your own or just want to see what other people have done.
Inspiration!

kbn

1588453979628.png
Here's mine! Its dirted but i put a perimeter of sand around the edge of the tank so the dirt is not visible. I thought it would look better this way but now I am kind of sad I cant see the dirt! It has a heater and an LED light though so Im not sure if thats exactly walsted? also need to re-arrage, the stick to the right of the rock doesn't look great there IMO and the java moss is a bit out of control!
It's not really Walstad but you've got a nice tank!

Fisheye

Have you checked out Foo the Flowerhorn on Youtube for more inspiration? What are you planning to keep in your Walstad? Hope you'll feel like doing a set up journal-they're great tanks.

Not that you asked...

I mineralized dirt cheap top soil (takes forever and is messy, but doable). Went to a clay retailer and got powdered red clay. The toughest part I found was finding an appropriately sized gravel that I didn't hate.

bmuckluck

It's not really Walstad but you've got a nice tank!
Thanks! Is it not walstad because of the heater and light?

kbn

Thanks! Is it not walstad because of the heater and light?
My apologies, it is walstad

bmuckluck

My apologies, it is walstad
I don't know a whole bunch about it to be honest! Id love to learn more, I was just trying to do dirted & low tech. It is in a nano tank that is designed to have a built in filter in the back compartment but Ive never used it.

kbn

I don't know a whole bunch about it to be honest! Id love to learn more, I was just trying to do dirted & low tech. It is in a nano tank that is designed to have a built in filter in the back compartment but Ive never used it.
I recommend foo the flowerhorns YouTube channel

bmuckluck

I recommend foo the flowerhorns YouTube channel
Yes I have seen a few of his videos! That is where my inspiration came from but I did deviate with the heater

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
david1978
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
Replies
Views
Blue-Green
Replies
Views