Can anyone please help me find the correct light bulb needed for my tank? (PIC)

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ace626, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ace626New MemberMember

My fish tank light lamp has a total of 4 places to put bulbs, I had it where the top 2 were white lights and the bottom 2 were white. The bottom 2 gave out, and now I'm having trouble finding replacements for it

Here is a picture of the type of bulb I need  

I am looking for ones that give up a clear/white/light and strong look. I found these but not sure how good they are...   Or even if it's the right one.

Please let me know what you guys recommend. What color combos/types of bulb and any suggestion you can give me.

I don't know the name of my light lamp just know it's jeboo company

Thank!

2. Claire BearWell Known MemberMember

Hi and welcome.
    I deleted your other thread as it was a duplicate. Please only post one thread with the same information.
    Hopefully, someone can give you feed back regarding your bulb as I am unfamiliar with it.
    Thank you,
    Claire

3. ace626New MemberMember

Sorry did not know which area was the right place to post

4. DolfanFishlore VIPMember

What type of tank do you have...freshwater, saltwater, do you have plants, etc?

Have you tried bringing your bulb to a home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowes. They usually will have something for you. If not a lighting/electrical supply specialty would definitely be able to help. Also places online like 1000bulbs.com have every sort of light imaginable.

5. amydebValued MemberMember

That looks like a T8 bulb. You can find them at any home improvement store (even sometimes at Walmart). They are available in different wattages and "temperatures" (color) like any other. As far as wattage and temperature, it depends on what fish and if you have live plants. Someone else may have to help with that. I have more knowledge of bulbs / fixtures for dry spaces than I do fish tanks. :)

6. ace626New MemberMember

Its a freshwater tank, have no real plants, fish are all semi-tropical fish such as angel fish and baja sharks, nothing high maintenance.
    The one I posted of the link would not work?

7. ace626New MemberMember

The one I linked is not the correct one?
    Thanks for the info

8. amydebValued MemberMember

Well, I take back what I said about the T8. :-/ Sorry. I looked at the picture and not the link. I thought that was a cover over the end of a t8 bulb. The link you posted looks to be the same as in your picture.

Sorry again!

9. DolfanFishlore VIPMember

What you posted in the link is a bulb for salt water setups designed to mimic the sunlight in sea water and on coral reefs. It may work, but isn't ideal for a freshwater setup.

10. ace626New MemberMember

What about these?

11. DolfanFishlore VIPMember

That would work well, assuming it fits your fixture.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice