Can anyone identify this starfish?

Sandlotje

I've done quite a search on google, and I'm not having any luck.

Thanx in advance

Btw, I got this from my LFS and I'm guessing it came from either the gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic (I'm from Gainesville Fl), but I just don't know enough about where they get their livestock.

BUMBLEBEEGOBYADDICT

oooh I don't know, but I'm intigued now......googling as we speak

Sandlotje

Well I'm kind of worried because he's hanging out at the very top of the aquarium like he's trying to get out. I wonder if it's too warm. Any thoughts? My thermometer says its just over 80 degrees...

BUMBLEBEEGOBYADDICT

I'm afraid I drew a blank on the species...but 80 degrees sounds pretty normal for starfish? Theres a lady on here called e-watson and I do believe she may be able to help you as she has some amazing tanks of all different types including reef. Maybe she will pop by and lend her advice

Sandlotje

Okay, I figured out what it is its a red knob starfish... woo hoo!

Now I just need to find more info on the. Thanx for the help Bumble bee

Sandlotje

And to answer my other question, it appears as though it is common for them to hang out at the top of the tank. Here's a thread on the situation and they seem to be fine.

Stang Man

See you just answered your own question. That's the way things should be!!! But takes along time too find what your searching for!! Lol
Welcome to Fish Lore I hope that you will find this site a helpful one!!

Sandlotje

Me too and thank you

Yesterday I decided to take advantage of PetCo's annual Dollar Per Gallon sale and take up a 29 gallon tank and create a saltwater aquarium. You all are very helpful. Thanx again everyone.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom