Can Anyone Identify This Fish? Question

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Stryphe89, Apr 18, 2018.

1. S

Stryphe89 New Member Member

I bought some plants for my tank a few months ago, and it seems they came with some eggs. The fish hatched and are doing rather well in my tank, I'm just not sure what they are? Any clues?

Attached Files:

2. A. Rozhin

A. Rozhin Valued Member Member

That looks like a juvenile gold tetra to me. Whatever they are, that's WAY better than pond snails coming in on plants! Those are cute fish.

3. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Those are Rainbowfish, I believe you already posted about these fish in another thread. Rainbows lay adhesive eggs that can take a couple of weeks to hatch, and they grow pretty fast with good food.

4. OP
    OP
    S

Stryphe89 New Member Member

Thanks for the replies! This is actually my first post on this forum.
    I've never seen gold tetra before. You cant really tell in the first photo, but these seem to have a black band down the side. I added some more photos that show it off better.
    They are quick little guys, so rainbows are definitely believable. It was hard getting photos of them. Lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice